What's new

Kid Notorious (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Saw the show this past Wednesday and found it to be very funny. I think it all depends on how you feel about Robert Evans. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I thought the show was pretty damn good, and compared to other network shows like "Friends", "Will & Grace" and any reality show on television right now, it seemed like a breath of fresh air.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Comedy Central cancelled the show at some point because the show does have limited appeal

What did everyone else think?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I found the sheer craziness of it hilarious. It jumped from one thing to another like nothing, and just spiraled away from reality. I also loved the way that Evans always remained arrogant and laid-back no matter what happened.

I was in tears when he was driving down the road taking out every meter along the way and then he goes to the cat: "Hey kitty, I'm a pretty good driver." and then he crashes through the store front and gets in a casual conversation with the pilatis chicks.

Definitely not for everyone, and probably not good enough to see out week to week. But when I catch it flipping through, it's definitely something that will catch me interest.

As easy a gag as it was, who can't get a chuckle from "Sharon Stone's Vagina"

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Comedy Central cancelled the show at some point because the show does have limited appeal
I recall reading that the initial run of the series is only eight episodes. If so, I'm sure they'll all be run. The question is whether there will be more.

I loved The Kid Stays in the Picture, but I'm not sure what to make of Kid Notorious. As a personality, Evans is very much a creature of his era, and that era is no more. Tossing the Evans persona into a contemporary jumble of stereotypes and parodies is problematic, and as a result the jokes in the first episode were hit-and-miss. But I'll keep watching. If nothing else, you have to admire Evans for sheer chutzpah.

M.

P.S. I fixed the typo in the title.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I misssed the show Wednesday, but caught it last night. At first I didn't like it, but as the episode progressed, it grew on me. I'll definitely check out next week's episode

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I couldn't get into it at all.

It was trying so desperately to be funny that it got stale really fast.

The cat was entertaining, but then even it was reduced to the show's "Please think I'm funny" lame-ness (like the slow motion fart, for instance).

The show's got a really nice visual style, but I don't think that alone will keep it afloat.

Hopefully within the next few episodes it finds its footing and a respectable style. Otherwise...well, lets just say I won't be sorry not hearing "You bet your ass it is" 20 times in one comedy central commercial break.

JQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks