Kid Icarus?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I was just on Gamespot and they have movies that are locked about Kid Icarus? Is it true, is one of my all time favorites coming to a next gen system. I would love it so much! Any one have any details?

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Wow that would be awesome. Any Gamespot Complete members out there? Care to share the details?

3. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

Nope...It's the same game we loved from before. I wonder why they are just now posting videos? Perhaps it's coming to GBA? Who knows.

Ian

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I would take it on the GBA. I would love that!

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

What a great game! I still play it using Nesticle.

6. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

This is one of those games that I would love to see put on the e-reader. I wouldn't mind 10 swipes to get in some Icarus action. [​IMG]
    Glen

7. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

I think Ian may be right. If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere about Kid Icarus coming to Gameboy Advance. Not the system I'd pick it for if given the choice, but better than nothing!

8. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

After spending some quality time with Metroid Fusion I love my GBA! Next up is Link...

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I don't see any movies for Kid Icarus up on GameSpot. The only things on the site are a GameSpace for the NES and GB games. I checked the master list of GBA games, and Kid Icarus is not on there.

Rob Varto-

Emulation is kinda hush-hush around here, due to the illegality of it. I personally don't care, just giving you a heads-up.

10. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

11. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

Gamespot has been posting pics/videos of old NES games just for the heck of it lately. I saw the link to Bionic Commando the other day and thought how great that would be with the new Metroid Prime design.
    This is a little off the topic, but I have always wondered why Nintendo doesn't offer a disc (or two) with dozens of old NES games on it, kind of like the Activision Atari discs. I know a lot of SNES games are going to GBA, but gamers that haven't played any systems in a while would likely buy the GameCube in droves, especially if it was bundled with the system. I guess it would be costly to purchase the rights to games like Contra from Kanomi and MegaMan from Capcom, but a disc full of games like Kid Icarus, Balloon Fight, and Excitebike would sell like hotcakes. Just a thought, but it seems like a cash cow to Nintendo for me. Maybe they want us all to buy Animal Crossing to get them[​IMG]

12. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Rob_Pierce-

If they wanted to, Nintendo could fit the entire NES library on a single GameCube disc. The reason they don't release all of those games is because they use them as selling points for the e-Reader and Animal Crossing. They will probably end up releasing some sort of compilation thing (like the Game & Watch Galleries) for GBA or GCN, but not for a while.