What's new

Kickstart my heart <3 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Choose 'Toons looks cool. Brings back fond childhood memories. I'm waiting on my Planet Money t-shirt. They've had some small updates. I wonder when their next show on the topic will be?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've only given to one film but this is just a curiosity. I know the first "rule" of producing is to never invest your own money but if you have a net income of $170-$200 million, don't you think you could do without Kickstarter to raise $200,000?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Hey all, So I don't normally post stuff like this, but I'm pretty darned impressed by this one...and that one of my friends is a part of the design team, is why I'm bringing it to the good folks at HTF.Plus as HT enthusiasts, who here doesn't like the idea of being more energy efficient, right?Please check out the below link, and support this project.Thanks, Rich
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/energyaware/neurio-home-intelligence?ref=email

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
One of my favourite comic book publishers can use some help, and offering some nice perks on upcoming books. Some I was going to pre-order anyways, so I bit pretty big.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantagraphicsbooks/fantagraphics-2014-spring-season-39-graphic-novels
I was just going to plug the Fantagraphics one too. I saw it real early this afternoon when it was at $3,000 and was afraid that $150,000 was too big of a number but it's been up for a little over 6 hours and is already 1/3 of the way there so it's looking good for them.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
One of my favourite comic book publishers can use some help, and offering some nice perks on upcoming books. Some I was going to pre-order anyways, so I bit pretty big.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantagraphicsbooks/fantagraphics-2014-spring-season-39-graphic-novels
Groth's comic snobbery always rubs me the wrong way, but I'd like to get the Sakai Usagi print so I'm going to spring for the 68 bucks. I not too big on much of Fantagraphics output, but their Terry & The Pirates releases from years back was top notch. At least I think they did those IIRC. Never really forgave the guy for cancelling "Critters" though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Edwin-S said:
I not too big on much of Fantagraphics output...
Yeah, I'm not going to act like I'm a big time underground comix guy but I'm just glad that there's a company out there that does release stuff like that. I love their EC Comics reprints, Peanuts books and Daniel Clowes stuff though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
There's a bunch of reprint series I've been getting from them, and presentation wise they are second to none. The Prince Valiant books are objects to behold, and the Pogo, Mickey Mouse and Carl Barks Donald Duck reprints are a bunch of fun as well. Add in Los Bros, Clowes, johnny Ryan, Bagge and all the other stuff they put out... they'll leave a huge hole of quality in the comic market.

It's not like DC or Marvel will fill the gap if they leave, they can barely put out decent superhero comics anymore and that's their main bread and butter. :P

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Yeah, I'm not going to act like I'm a big time underground comix guy but I'm just glad that there's a company out there that does release stuff like that. I love their EC Comics reprints, Peanuts books and Daniel Clowes stuff though.
Yeah. I agree that less mainstream stuff requires an outlet and Fantagraphics fills that niche nicely. I've read some of Bagge's HATE comics and he had some pretty funny stuff. Saaco's stuff is actually pretty well done, but I'm pretty aware of how shitty and brutal the human race can be. I read comics to get away from that reality for awhile, so his work is something I know I won't read too often. Too depressing.
Russell G said:
There's a bunch of reprint series I've been getting from them, and presentation wise they are second to none. The Prince Valiant books are objects to behold, and the Pogo, Mickey Mouse and Carl Barks Donald Duck reprints are a bunch of fun as well. Add in Los Bros, Clowes, johnny Ryan, Bagge and all the other stuff they put out... they'll leave a huge hole of quality in the comic market.It's not like DC or Marvel will fill the gap if they leave, they can barely put out decent superhero comics anymore and that's their main bread and butter. :P
Yeah. I was on their site. Those Gottfredson Mickey Mouse boxsets look sweet. Tempted to order those. The Captain Easy sets look nice too. I've never read it, but I've read that the series was supposed to be pretty good. Hal Foster's PRINCE VALIANT art is pretty nice. I have a volume of reprints done in broadsheet format approximating the actual size that his stuff was originally printed. I think it only lasted one or two volumes though. A 100 bucks a volume was too rich to allow that format to last long.Also, I thought Fantagraphics put out the complete run of Caniff's T&TP. It was NBM that did those volumes.Edit: Fixed a couple of typos. Also, in for 68 bucks on this campaign. Had to create a KS account to do so. I hope they make goal. I really want that signed UY print. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks