What's new

Kicker Solo X 18? (1 Viewer)

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
I can get one locally for fairly cheap ~ 300ish. Would this sub be better than the FI Q 18? Or do they have crap sound quality? ..its over 130 lbs wtf? Lol

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Without the T/S parameters I won't even start to guess. But there are very few people using any Kicker products in their DIY home theater projects and I've been following this crowd for over 10 years.

mulalleybs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
Robert_J said:
Without the T/S parameters I won't even start to guess. But there are very few people using any Kicker products in their DIY home theater projects and I've been following this crowd for over 10 years.
http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/SoloX_0.pdf
I believe these are the parameters. 5000 watts rms, crazy. Though it doesn't mean anything if it sounds like shit.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
Ihave used Kicker subs in the past. I had a pair of 12" subs in the late 90's used in a car. 2.5 Qft sealed in a car and they worked really well. Tight, solid bass. The subs themselves were very well made, the rubber surrounds we're intact after ten years and I liked the fact that the cones were both glued and stitched to the surrounds.
I also used a pair od their 10" subs to replace two damaged ones in a vintage set of AR TWS-510A speakers. Again a sealed cabinet and they worked really well again.
I'm sure in the proper sized enclosure, and a good amp, they will perform very well

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
mulalleybs said:
http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/SoloX_0.pdf
I believe these are the parameters. 5000 watts rms, crazy. Though it doesn't mean anything if it sounds like shit.
I'm not sure which set of parameters matches your sub but they do look in the ball park for a quality sub. The wattage rating is a complete lie if it is a 3" coil. But the extremely high inductance leads me to believe that it is a 4" coil. There are very few people using 4" coiled subs in their home theater. The guys that do are using Lab Gruppen 220v amps. These things put out about 4,000 watts per channel. But you have to upgrade your house's electrical system for a 20amp/220v outlet to handle one amp. There's a guy at another forum with 4 of these amps on 8 TC Sounds 18's.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mr645 said:
Ihave used Kicker subs in the past. I had a pair of 12" subs in the late 90's used in a car. 2.5 Qft sealed in a car and they worked really well. Tight, solid bass. The subs themselves were very well made, the rubber surrounds we're intact after ten years and I liked the fact that the cones were both glued and stitched to the surrounds.
I also used a pair od their 10" subs to replace two damaged ones in a vintage set of AR TWS-510A speakers. Again a sealed cabinet and they worked really well again.
I'm sure in the proper sized enclosure, and a good amp, they will perform very well
Credence Speakers were the first to glue and stitch surrounds. They also were the build house for Kicker for years. http://www.credencespeakers.com/about_us.htm You can still get the old Solobaric subs under the Credence name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks