What's new

Kick-Ass 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see a thread for this one, coming out in June. I hope it's not a duplicate thread. First official photo from the movie:
7170ccdf_kickass2firststill_big.jpeg
Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) consults with Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey). The first photos of Hit Girl in the sequel, from Empire magazine:
f8db150a_kickass2_00002.jpeg

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I enjoyed the first one but the change from "real" to over-the-top cartoon violence and indestructibility at the end for the finale bugged and still bugs me. I just hope they pick a tone and set of universe rules that they stick with from the start to the end of the movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since Katie's story was completely changed for the first movie, I hope the comic is ignored in regards to that character. In fact, the whole thing needs to be toned way down. Millar really went over the top.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Since Katie's story was completely changed for the first movie, I hope the comic is ignored in regards to that character. In fact, the whole thing needs to be toned way down. Millar really went over the top.
I like over the top craziness in comic books and even I think they went into some really ugly territory. Without getting into spoilers, I think it works in comic book form because the reader- who is having fun with the series' usual ridiculous & fairly comedic violence and ass kicking- is shocked out of that amusement when things get dark. However, it'd be too much in live action.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow, Jim Carrey is nearly unrecognizable (in a good way). I've only read the original graphic novel -- are you guys saying that the sequel got really brutal in comparison? I don't read a lot of comics, but I loved the movie so much that I decided to read this one. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, extremely brutal. :) Nutty stuff and really bad stuff. I can't see it happening in live action, but the dog scene made it into the trailer, so maybe so. I would assume it's available in a collected edition, since the Hit-Girl mini came out after it and took a long time to be released.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I see that it looks like Jim Carrey but I don't hear him at all. Usually unless there is some extreme voice talent there is still the underlying voice to be heard.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very excited this is coming, not excited at all that Carrey is in it. Hopefully he doesn't play his stupid goofy self and bring his humor to the film.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Ron, have you watched the trailer? Carrey's role in the film looks quite different than the typical role he often plays.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Will prudish theaters censor the title on the marquee this time around? One theater near me even covered up the second "s" in the mylar signs, and I'm in Southern California. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks