What's new

Khef, ka and ka-tet - Any Dark Tower fans excited over Book 5? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
And the best thing is, guys...I work at Barnesandnoble.com and will have book 7 in my hands 3 weeks before the street date.:D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Nice!

If SOS is any indication, Grant will ship the Artists' Editions a couple of weeks before...

but I stay strong and keep it shrinkwrapped ;) My reading editions are the trade HCs. So you will read yours before me, Jeff!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
My rankings:

1. Wizard and Glass
- This one had a powerful emotional resonance with me. Either that, or I'm a softy at heart. :D

2. The Wastelands
- I'm not a fan of apocalyptic settings, but I loved this one for some reason. Lud seems like a depressing place.

3. The Gunslinger
- Lou pretty much summed it up

4. The Drawing of the Three
- A little muddled, but I still think it's a solid effort.

5. Wolves of the Calla
- I had it guessed from the beginning, but in my mind's eye (or whatever the hell visualizes your imagination) I saw Dr. Doom

6. Song of Susannah
- I've let this one breathe for months, and it still doesn't sit well with me.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I really like WasteLands for the rescue of Jake from our world and Lud, the bridge sequence - I hate heights, Gasher and of course Blaine.

The Drawing of the Three with Roland going into our world is well done and has King at his best with his humourous jabs at our society. Anyone for a popkin or a tooterfish sandwich?:D

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
BTW over at King's official site there is an excerpt for DT7. Without a doubt, one of the best excerpts for the DT series yet! It literally gave me goosebumps!

Go Pere go! Redemption is at hand!

DT7 Excerpt

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
This is right near the top of the list of things I DON'T need to read right now! The anticipation is killing me! :D

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I have to avoid that link. I don't want to make the anticipation worse. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The really sad thing is (wrt to my anticipation) is that I know I'll pick up this book and start reading it before I buy the SW OT DVDs, and I've been clamoring for those DVDs since I bought my first player in 1997. I read the first three parts of the teaser and I'm hooked.

Oh, and stay away from the teaser if you don't want to be on pins and needles until release date. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm right with you there Carlo. My most anticipated items right now are books not movies. First up is the DT7 and then the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant:The Runes of the Earth.

The end of one series and the resumption of another.

Yee-haw!

BTW I repeat the DT7 excerpt is the best one I've read yet for this series!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Chapter lists are up over at theDarkTower.net if you are interested. They are in the spoiler section for DT7 in the forums.

I'm not looking myself.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not gonna look, either.

This is one story that I've been waiting decades to unfold and I'll be damned if someone unfolds it for me! ;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
One month to go!

I've read SoS twice and an working my way through the whole series on audiotape as well. Up to W&G.

Mixed feelings for sure.:frowning: :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just placed my order for this from Grant, and as a Christmas/BDay present for my sister I got the Book 7/Talisman/Black House combo. Aren't I a great brother? ;)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how King will end this. But if it involves the Gunslinger reuniting with Susan in some way, I'll cry like a little baby.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Gentlemen, today I have held book 7 in my hands. The artwork is so sweet.:emoji_thumbsup:

Sometime this week when I can find the time at work, I will begin reading it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I gotta ask how you got it so quickly? Do you know someone "special" or is Grant shipping them now? If so, I'm praying I get mine today or else I'm going to be pissed since I'm leaving for 3 days to Vegas starting tomorrow and won't get the book in time. :frowning:

I got an email saying they were charging the books to credit cards (and mine shows the amount is deducted from my available credit, but the charge is too new to be listed as a transaction online, meaning they just did it in the last day or two).

Did you order the Artists Ed ($55+ I think) or the limited edition? Maybe the limiteds are shipping before the Artists eds...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if I type this post, the release date will get here faster.....

so much for wishful thinking. :)

Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks