What's new

KH pink noise test tones (1 Viewer)

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
I have an AVR 325. What supposed be the sound output in dB when I set the master volume at -15 dB and calibrate to the internal pink noise test tones? I think I read somewhere that the speakers are supposed to put out 75 dB when the master is set at -15. Can anyone verify this?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Not familiar w/your receiver, but what those instructions probably mean is that when the channels have been properly calibrated (i.e. w/a SPL meter and test tones) they should read 75db at -15db volume.

You do have an SPL meter, right? The Radio Shack one with the analog VU meter is the preferable one. :)

All speakers are different. Even different receivers with the same manufacturer/model number can be slightly different. You need to calibrate all 5/7 of your channels first. Then tweak.

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I have the RS meter. I have to put my fronts at +9 dB to get 75 dB out of them at a master volume of -15 dB. That seems pretty high to me considering the speakers have a 89 dB sensitivity.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
What gauge speaker wire are you using and do you have any other kind of "processing" applied already?

Is there a way for you to completely reset your receiver to factory specs and start over?

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
14 gauge wire. This is setting the receiver on logic 7 5.1

No need to reset the receiver because nothing else if affecting the channel setup.

I will call HK to get my answer. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks