What's new

Keystoning Query (1 Viewer)

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
I'm running a projector from the floor, and I am projecting an image about 5'x3', it will be about three feet off the floor from the bottom of the frame, will +/- 20 degrees keystoning be sufficient to create a pretty square image? Looking to purchase a projector online, I don't want it to get here and realize its not going to work for my purposes!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
It will be a bit rough - and will depend on the projector. it's very hard to get a square image if your PJ is more than a foot off the edge of the screen.

lumail

Auditioning
Real Name
Lucas Myers
yeah, I'm also somewhat challenged by the fact that my $1000 budget restricts me from getting a projector that has lens shift. I'm using the projector in a touring live performance, so I'm hoping to find something that will be able to work in whatever set up situation I find myself in, but I might have to bite the bullet and get something that isn't flexible and make the best of it. I also had the misfortune of finding a Optoma HD25-LV, with a wireless set up, for half price on amazon! (regular price $1400, this one has minor cosmetic damage for $700) Great lumens, great blacks (which I need for the show), and wireless is a huge plus as I am running it off my computer back stage and on stage, so would love to cut down on wires, but it has only an 8" offset and a pretty narrow zoom capacity, with some digital keystone, which would make it somewhat possible, though I know using digital keystone can affect the image. I don't need a super great image for the show, I am projecting video shot on cellphone so it can look imperfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheadley
Recent bookmarks