What's new

KeyMaster Uploader (1 Viewer)

Kvit Lim

Agent
I have the Pioneer DV-525 player and was looking around for a regionless hack when I discovered this device, KeyMaster Uploader @ Link Removed
It's sooo easy to do this, no soldering or opening of any covers. Heres the PDF manual of the painless procedure:
Link Removed
*Pardon my post if this device has been discussed before
but I had to bring it up because of its simple-to-use nature
and because the search feature is down :D*
Now the catch is these people at Link Removed
are only offering it to dealers, or offered to people who purchase 10 of the Do-it-yourself KeyMaster kits that require soldering. I emailed them about why they would do such a thing? I can see that they make quite a bit of $$$ by doing so, but it still puzzles me for them to sell
2 kits: one that is a no-brainer, and the other that is a major hassle for those who are electrically-challenged
Can anyone shed some more light on this? I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Kvit

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It looks to me like it just accesses the port from which flash upgrades are done, and flashes it's own code over the original BIOS. I might pick one up myself, to free my DV-414 from tyranny

Kvit Lim

Agent
yea, very easy like i said, but

its from Europe and those guys like to keep it under wraps.

If anyone knows of a US dealer, please let us know.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
its from Europe and those guys like to keep it under wraps.
Huh? I have a KeyMaster hack for my Denon, which is sold openly in Norway, and I'm sure Denmark as well, where the company resides. If their solutions are hard to come by in the US I am sure that si not by any choice of their own, rather difficulty in finding a dealer in the US.

Kvit Lim

Agent
This is truly like an annoying itch that I cannot scratch...
Case in point http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/510-e-mod.html
the E mod, another external modification device for Pioneer players. Once again, no opening of covers needed, no soldering of course, only a card to be applied to the player
and here's exactly the sentiment that I share right now, put best by one of the comments to Techtronics:
Maybe there's a good reason, in which case a small explanation would be great.Otherwise it's looks extremelly selfish and stupid to throw away all costumers outside
of the UK that would buy it in a heartbeat but don't really want to take the risk and expend the £ needed to ship it to you.
sigh...
:frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, theoretically these devices are illegal in the US under the DMCA, as they alter the copy protection schemes
I have yet to hear of anyone being busted for possession of modchips, and I doubt anyone will.
they should ship to the US :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks