Keyboard Cleaners?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, May 25, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

What I wouldn't give for someone to invent a good one..

I suffer from Psoriasis...which is thankfully getting better with new treatment. But, after I took a look at my keyboard buttons, I noticed alot of grain attached. After I pried off all the buttons...THIS was what I found..

Picture of grime coming late tonight [​IMG]..

So, I got out a face cloth, a screw driver to act as a scraper, and some windex, and started cleaning. I look up, it's 2 hours later, and it's as clean as it's going to get [​IMG]. It now Looks like THIS...

8PM, be there [​IMG]

There's got to be an easier, quicker way to clean a keyboard without damaging it with water over dosage [​IMG]..

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I know what you mean, but if your keyboard isn't too expensive, it's probably easier to get a new one than spending the time to get the old/crappy one up to speed.

Besides, any cleaner they sell would probably be just as expensive as a new one. [​IMG]

Here:
    New Keyboard: $15

Keyboard Cleaner: $11

LOL

3. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

once a week before 'vaccuming' carpets (find nearest female for explaination of process ' ' [​IMG] ) turn it upside down and shake vigorously watching things snowflake to floor.
    Once a month wipe surface with not-used-on-your-spagetti spill, kitchen counter rag, dipped in a light and bubbly vintage year for 'Palmolive'.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

5. MarkHastings

Oh my! Where do you use your computer? a chicken hatchery? LOL

6. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

Lotsa references to actually running a keyboard through the dishwasher. Check google!

7. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Compressed air won't take care of that? I'm talking about a real air compressor, not one of those cans of air.

-Dave

8. MichaelBA

MichaelBA Supporting Actor

Wow! I was thinking about getting something to help clean my keyboard until I saw this price comparison.

Thanks, Mark!

9. MarkHastings

yeah, keyboards are pretty disposable now-a-days...unless you have a high end gaming/multimedia one, it's just as cheap to replace them once they start crapping out.

10. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

The Problem with running the keyboard through the dishwasher is that I don't beleive it's Waterproof. It's one o' those Dell MultiMedia keyboards with the audio/video controls, Calculator button, net navigation, etc....so they arn't cheap to replace [​IMG]..

I've tried those air compressors in a can, but it dosn't work. Where can I look into a real air compressor? Are they cheap?