Keyboard and mouse for the Xbox?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eric Samonte, Jan 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I kinda read somewhere that it could be done though I have yet to actually see it. Anyone know of a product for such a purpose? I think I would be far better on the FPS on the Live games if I were using a KB/mouse duo.

2. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

As far as I know the keyboard/mouse combo is only possible if you are using a modded xbox and that's for applications or linux(check xbox-scene.com for more info)

I know that Phantasy Star has a keyboard adaptor you can use to connect a keyboard for text typing but other than that there are no Live games that support keyboards or mouse combos.

cheers,

Zed

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Drat.....some questions though...does modding actually ban u from Live? I've been reading up on some mods as I like the idea of not having to swap game disc around.

4. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

If your xbox is found modded on Live the account is disabled (no refund) and the serial number for the xbox (everyone is different) is banned as well, so you can't just go and buy Live again and get back on, you need a new xbox as well. That said there are ways around it.

I don't (haven't) used any methods to try and log in to Live with my modded xboxes because I enjoy Live too much, so that's why I also have an unmodded box. I do believe though that even with the methods involved to be able to log in to LIVE with a modded box, that all it does is allow your box to work like an unmodded box, so you would still have to use the original disk, not a disc copy or a hard drive copy. Again I haven't tried this don't quote me.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Zed