Key wallets

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Does anybody know if anybody makes an inexpensive key wallet? Not a key chain/fob, a small wallet with a row of rings to put keys in. The only one that I saw was at Macy's in the Coach section so it was ridiculously espensive, like $50. My father wants one and they don't seem to be that popular anymore.
    Thanks,
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Jay,
    I cannot help you on the American market, but they certainly exist. Just bought one, about 3 weeks ago, for the equivalent amount of $4.00 (for 6 keys). Genuine leather (!?), the same things "guaranteed leather" normally sell for about $20.00.
    It's very hard to believe they wouldn't be sold in the US too.
    Cees

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks Cees, I did manage to find one online, at a place that sells Polo stuff noless!! (www.polobarn.com) that looks nice for US$18. I found a couple of weird ones made out of Ostriche skin but that was like $127 and one made out of Stingray skin (Have no idea if it's really stingray) but it only holds 4 keys..
    I think I might go with the one from Polobarn. They're certainly not that popular over here in the states, at least not anymore...
    jay
    ------------------
    Wanna help?

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Those were called Keytainer(s). (Used to have one). If they are still around they have a wide variety of models to choose from.
    Glenn

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Jay, try going to a local tannery, leatherworker shop, boot & belt shop, etc... I know they're still sold, but I haven't heard anyone mention one since I was a kid.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

JayHink likes this.
  6. Craig Chatterton

Craig Chatterton Stunt Coordinator

Or, check one of those little locksmith stores that are in all the malls (at least they are in my neck of the US). They sell all kinds of key holders.
    ------------------
    Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks everybody, the funniest thing happened last night, I was opening my drawer to my coffee table and I saw a brand new key wallet there... Back in February when I went to Hong Kong/China/Hawaii for like a month I got a 6-key key wallet from one of my uncles living there as a gift. Since I never use the things (my father wants one) I kind of tossed it in the coffee table as an afterthought. Until last night I happen to open it to get out the remote for my VCR and what on god's green earth do I see staring at me. A stinkin' 6-key grey key wallet, exactly what my father wants. I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets now. I even had my sister go hunting for one and I called her up last night and she had no luck in finding one. I was almost resigned to order one off the net but alas I found one right under my nose...
    thanks for all the suggestions though, in 5 years when he asks for another one, I'll know where to look. [​IMG]
    Jay
    ------------------
    Wanna help?