Key tip for PSX version of Dance Dance Revolution

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Silverman, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Hi gang,

I recently picked up DDR Konamix and the Mad Catz pad for it. At first, the left arrow didn't seem to register all the time, and there were phantom steps appearing on various arrows. I was almost frustrated enough to return the pad when I tried turning off the "Dance Control" (I think that's what it's called) option in the Controller options menu (it's the one that maps the symbol buttons to the directional buttons). That did the trick! It works fine now.

Dance on!

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I had the Mad Catz pad for that for a while and I found it quite poor and not very accurate.
    I ended up buying the DDR and Konami pad package, and then picking up another generic pad for around $10 bucks and I've been very happy with both.
    Konamix is very good, I just don't care for the scoring system. One bad step and you get a B or C. I've become a big fan of the 5th mix import. Lots of American pop songs in there. [​IMG]
    Glen

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

DDR MAX is due to hit US PS2s very soon. I personally use the cheap $18 for 2 pads that are all over eBay, modded of coarse.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    You mean those Ignition pads? They're more like $30-$40, with shipping.
    I wonder if Glenn got a defective pad. Mine's been fine since I turned off the Dance Control option. (Except when I lose my balance and slide the pad on the carpet! [​IMG] )