Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
KEY LARGO
(1948)
B&W-105 Min.
BD-50
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - Spanish, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - French
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish SDH
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

12439307_10153869714571563_3718360625854188930_n.jpg

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
With the announcements of The Big Sleep, Key Largo, and I Confess all coming from the Warner Archive, I imagine we'll get Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (which have been announced for release in Germany in February and March respectively) from the WAC as well.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Andrew Budgell said:
With the announcements of The Big Sleep, Key Largo, and I Confess all coming from the Warner Archive, I imagine we'll get Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (which have been announced for release in Germany in February and March respectively) from the WAC as well.
I agree...I think the pattern is clear, the Archive is going to handle 99% of WB's deep catalog titles (pre-1970) from here on. The Bogart titles are one I thought might get a WHV release but this is clearly a tipping point to WAC IMO.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
atfree said:
I agree...I think the pattern is clear, the Archive is going to handle 99% of WB's deep catalog titles (pre-1970) from here on. The Bogart titles are one I thought might get a WHV release but this is clearly a tipping point to WAC IMO.

It makes me wonder how well The Golden Year (1939) set did. I thought a Bogie and Bacall set was a safe bet... Oh well. I'm just happy these films are coming out on Blu-ray at all.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Andrew Budgell said:
It makes me wonder how well The Golden Year (1939) set did. I thought a Bogie and Bacall set was a safe bet... Oh well. I'm just happy these films are coming out on Blu-ray at all.
I'd bet The Golden Year set was probably a catalyst for the move of the films to WAC, but like you, I'm just thrilled to get them at all. Hopefully some Errol Flynn titles will be coming from WAC sooner rather than later.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
atfree said:

Also joining in--it does seem that WHV is bowing out of the vast majority of deep catalog in favor of the WAC line. Perhaps their business model is seeing more profit? Who knows, but even major Bogart films are showing up now.

The only exceptions, aside from the Paramount licensed titles, are any future boxed sets like the recent Special Effects & Hammer releases.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Andrew Budgell said:
KEY LARGO(1948)B&W-105 Min.BD-50DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - Spanish, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - FrenchSubtitles: English, French, Spanish SDH
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

12439307_10153869714571563_3718360625854188930_n.jpg
That's brilliant news, thanks Andrew. I just cancelled my German pre-orders for Key Largo and The Big Sleep and placed pre-orders at Amazon US instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Key-Largo-Blu-ray-Humphrey-Bogart/dp/B01ACP5AXE/ref=sr_1_24?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1452318238&sr=1-24&keywords=warner+archive+collection+blu-ray

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
RMajidi said:
That's brilliant news, thanks Andrew. I just cancelled my German pre-orders for Key Largo and The Big Sleep and placed pre-orders at Amazon US instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Key-Largo-Blu-ray-Humphrey-Bogart/dp/B01ACP5AXE/ref=sr_1_24?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1452318238&sr=1-24&keywords=warner+archive+collection+blu-ray

[For member convenience, feel welcome to copy this pre-order link into the OP, pending replacement by official HTF link.]
Yeah, I almost pre-ordered them too the other day, but decided just to wait and I got rewarded for my patience.:)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
dana martin said:
just waiting on that pre order link to go live,........ :biggrin:
The release date hasn't been announced Dana, but you can place pre-orders now at $21.99 - I just did (Key Largo, Big Sleep, Jubal).

[Edit: Criterion's Jubal is not a pre-order of course, so I have a shipping date for that one]

[Edit 2: Please ignore the link I posted earlier. Ron has now provided official links for all 3 WAC announcements in new threads. I just cancelled and recreated my Amazon order using the official HTF links and added in I Confess as well]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks