Kevin Spacey's Beyond the Sea: June 7

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, Mar 25, 2005.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

http://dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=56600

The cover is pretty blah though, but the features sound nice indeed!

Would be nice to get a SE of Spacey's other directorial effort, Albino Alligator. The current disc is non-anamorphic, though it does feature Kevin on a commentary.

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Wow, that coverart is not what I wanted. The original poster was so much better. Well, the film is fantastic and highly recommended by me! [​IMG]

Ryan

3. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    I've been wanting to see this since it opened, but just never got around to it for one reason or another.

I've since been reading some web reviews, and boy, are critics divided on this one. Some say Kevin's too old to play Darin, and that he never really seems to BE Darin, that his performance never rises above mimicry. Then there are those that say he DOES really seem to be Darin, that you forget you're watching Spacey.

Nearly all agree, however, that Kevin's singing and dancing are first-rate.

I absolutely can't wait 'til this DVD comes out...I have a feeling I'm gonna like this flick.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Amazon's reviewer (not a user review) says Darin was "not the hippest of 1960s singers." I think that's way off. Maybe she thinks of "Splish Splash" when she thinks Bobby Darin, and not the man who Sammy Davis called the only man he would refuse to follow on stage.