What's new

Kevin Spacey: A great actor. (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I will also recomend Swimming With Sharks, he is great in it.
I also highly recomend watching Hurlyburly.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm glad others think the same as me about Kevin Spacey. I'll definitely have to check out some of his stuff that I haven't seen yet. They'll probably give me more of an appreciation for this great actor.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen the film yet, but most critics have stated that Spacey is the worst thing about the film.
Now, why would you post that with a quote saying he's impressive in the role, when you have no idea what he is like in the movie? :rolleyes:Sorry, just a personal peeve.
Personally, I thought he fit the character rather well. Much better than Julianne Moore, who apparently thought Newfoundland floats a little right of the Minnesota shown in Fargo. A nice movie, overall, but one that has a few kinda blatant flaws which are exaggerated if you know the area they are supposedly portraying.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Kevin is in Working Girl I love that movie, i never noticed him. Is it on DVD yet?
In case your question wasn't rhetorical and you didn't think to check the [insert on-line store] search page, yes, Working Girl is out on DVD. The Fox disc is pretty much bare-bones, but the transfer is good, and the sound (in 3.0) is one of the best DVD audio tracks I've heard. Worth a purchase! :)
Of course, I never noticed Spacey in that film when it first came out. It was a while before he became really famous with such films as LA Confidential and American Beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks