What's new

Kevin Smith vs.Tim Burton over Planet of the Apes ending! (1 Viewer)

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
Sam, You should see a movie before commenting on it! Damon and Affleck do not play Jay and Silent Bob or Kevin Smith. They play themselves making Good Will Hunting II. You are posting a review/comment based upon seeing a joke from the trailer. Your point would be better taken if you had the correct facts!!
Go see the movie and laugh your ass off when you see who does play Jay and Silent Bob. I won't say who does because the entire scene is hilarious, as is the rest of the movie.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
>>But if you're going to criticize a guy who makes dialogue-driven, somewhat sloppily directed comedies, you could start with critical darling Woody Allen. Yes, Woody Allen is a great filmmaker, but look at his first four or five movies and you'll find the same rampant indulgent silliness that is so prevalent in Smith's films.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Kevin Smith chimed in on the true story behind the controversy with Tim Burton.
"But, no - I do not think the 'Planet of the Apes' ending was stolen from the Jay and Silent Bob mini-series 'Chasing Dogma', nor am I thinking about taking anyone to court. I called the similarities (which I believe are simply coincidental) to the attention of my good friend Lou Loumenick over at the NY Post and made a few jokey comments about being pissed and litigious that seem to have been taken seriously by a slew of other news outlets (doesn't anybody pick up a phone to confirm s*** anymore, rather than just poaching a piece out of another paper?). This story has gotten way out of hand."
[url=http://www.movieheadlines.net/article.php?sid=598&mode=&order=0
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks