Kevin Smith (of Xena/Hercules shows) killed in accident

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

2. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

For one brief moment I thought it was the OTHER Kevin Smith. Still...ouch [​IMG]

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Oh no. He was such a talented actor! And I don't mean that facetiously. He took a comic book character like Ares and gave him shadings that resounded with fans and made the Xena and Hercules shows a success. On Xena he was at turns evil, humorous, lovable and more, and while I don't want to put anyone down, the fact is that I don't know of another person with his physique who is as talented as an actor. Usually on shows like Xena, they'd get some big muscular guy to play the villain but he couldn't act. Not in this case - Xena was fortunate to have a real actor in the role. I keep hoping that somehow this news report is in error but it looks real. This is a ral shame, he'd have been great in more roles.

4. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

oh its very real, news of his accident had been headline news all week until last night (sat) when the headline was that he had died.

5. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    Yeah, I found out about his death yesterday morning and couldn't believe it. I knew he had been injured but had no idea that those injuries were life-threatening. Only 38 years old. Damn.

6. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

[​IMG]