Kevin Smith Goes Canadian on ‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’ television show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Andrew Chong, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

For fans of Degrassi and/or Kevin Smith:

A while ago, I tuned into TalkTV and saw a press conference with Kevin Smith discussing his involvement in a three episode arc on the Canadian show, Degrassi: The Next Generation. Apparently, the three shows involve Kevin playing himself filming a movie at Degrassi. Remember Clerks? For those not in the know, the Caitlin character in Clerks was named after Caitlin of Degrassi. These episodes are set to air sometime this month on CTV. In the U.S., they will air on the Noggin network.

The great Q&A/press conference (plus other related content) can be found here.

The last time I saw the original Degrassi show was many, many years ago. I caught the new show recently and was impressed. I’m looking forward to Smith’s and Mewes’s appearance.

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Kevin Smith's three-episode arc on Degrassi: The Next Generation will start next Monday, January 31, 2005 on CTV in two back-to-back episodes starting at 8:00 p.m. I would guess that the Noggin Network will also air the episodes soon after.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Thanks!
    Let us know what you think of the show after it airs
    grant

4. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

I saw a cover of a magazine on a newstand the other day, can't remember which magizine it was, it may have been TV Guide.

It said, "Jay and Silent Bob's Excellent Canadian Adventure."