Kevin Milwood - No Hitter

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Anyone catch Milwood's no hitter? Very impressive and against a great team. I think it was the 9th Phillie no hitter. first since 1991.

What a great time of year in Philadelphia sports!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Against one of the National League's best teams too!

What a great game!

As is usually the case in a game like this, Kevin had some great defense behind his phenomenal pitching. That one Ledee catch was pretty impressive.

Go Phils!

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Well, I was holding my breath because Ledee blew the same type catch last week. And I thought for sure Abreu was going to wimp out on that catch at the wall.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Don't get too excited. He may not be there next year since he refuses to sign a long term contract of more than a year.

Braves, Phillies, Expos 3 way tie. Should be an interesting season.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Ah, It looks like the Phillies again had to rely on former Braves pitching to get a no-hitter

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Being a Phillies sunday season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons I had a ticket to the game. I decided to stay home and not go to the game. I was just tired from a long week of work & my back was a little twitchy. I also was still in the middle of putting up my new speakers(rear surrounds). While watching a movie around 7pm my phone rang. It was a friend who was at the game calling to ask if I had heard what happened. When he told me about the no-no, my heart sank!!!

So congratulations to Kevin Millwood!!!!!! And go Phillies!!!!!!!!

And as long as I have a ticket to a game from now on, I will crawl out of my grave to go to the game.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Joe - you drive from New York?
No I don't drive. Don't even have a drivers license. I use NJT & SEPTA to get back and forth. It is a bit of a haul sometimes but I'm used to it. I'm usually out of the house at 7am to go to a game. Do it about 12-15 times a year.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
When I lived in Philly I used to use the same transportation methods to go visit family in NYC. Septa R7 to Trenton, then NJTransit to NYC. It's actually quite easy and very inexpensive, just time consuming. Bring a good book and/or some music and you're gold.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I'm pretty much directly between NYC and Philly. The sports coverage here is definitely weighted towards the Phila teams but there is a large NY contingent. Stinkin' Giants and Yankees fans...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitweightlossfastus