What's new

Kenwood VR6050 or Onkyo TXSR500? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Sanders

Auditioning
I am pretty new with all the home theater stuff, so bear with me. I recently purchased the Kenwood VR6050 as an upgrade to an old Kenwood Pro Logic receiver from Circuit City (I like their return policy and it came with a pair of decent Infinity rear speakers). The 6050 is rated at 100 watts per channel, but my old Kenwood was also 100 watts X 2 for stereo. I am satisfied with the Dolby Digital sound from the new receiver, but the sound in Dolby Pro Logic was lacking compared to the old one. I am now wondering whether I should return this one and see how the Onkyo sounds. However, I am just wondering if any of you have any opinions. I would rather not return it if the Onkyo sounds pretty much the same, and the 65 watt power rating concerns me a little. Thanks!

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
i wanted the onkyo but i heard they have surround power drops the 600 drops from 80 watts to 30 in surround but im not sure how the 500 does if theres no power drop i'd return ur current reciver and get the onkyo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks