What's new

Kenwood VR407 or Denon 1601? I have the 407 and can get the Denon..is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Well is moving from the 407 to the Denon an upgrade or a downgrade? I am happy with my receivers performance "movie wise" but when I try some music it seems not play as loud and will actually go into protection mode if push too hard which is a bummer since I have 4 towers that can be push way over the "over rated" receiver's power (100Wxchannel).
Regards

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Sounds like your speakers' impedance rating is too low for your receiver to handle.
Most Kenwood recievers are rated for 6 ohm speakers. If your towers are rated @ 4 ohms, that may be why the unit is going into protect mode when you try to drive it hard.

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Nope they are 8ohms speakers (Acoustic Research 318PS) with a good enough sensitivity rating of 90db. Its real odd but consider that the 100W per channel rating is definitely not all channel driven ...maybe is with only one channel! I read from the Denon that it has discrete power supply for each channel or something like that.
[Edited last by Luis Gabriel Gerena on October 15, 2001 at 05:59 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks