Kenwood VR-7070A

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Pat_C, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Pat_C

Pat_C Agent

Nov 22, 2003
    Does anyone own one? I'm thinking about getting one, and any comments would be appreciated.
  2. Pete K

Pete K Agent

Mar 31, 2001
    I just was delivered a Kenwood military model of the 7080, the X9070D today. All I can say is wow. This is the same as the 7070 but with the fancy shmancy "Kameleon" Kenwood labeled remote which is marketed by Universal/One 4 All in the rest of the world and RadioShack here in the states.

This was an upgrade of an older Kenwood that was also a military model--it had not even component jacks or S videos.

Needless to say I am thrilled with component inputs, multi-channel etc etc. Sounds very robust pumping through my KLipsch setup.

It has been quite a month. I also upgraded my source components from a Pioneer combi dvd/ld player and a Technics multidisc CD player to a Philips DVDR with guide plus player and a Sony multi disc CD/DVD/SACD player.

You will be happy with the Kenwood--if you can get the 7080 get it---the remote is cool.

All this and I haven't had the product in my hands but 7 hours so I'm sure I'll find something not to loke but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this for 43 or 4 years.

Oh, if you know someone in the military score one (9070 model) from AAFES for 395 bucks. What a deal--lots of people poohpooh Kenwood--I'm on my 3d or 4th Kenwood Receiver after one Realistic in the last 18 years and I couldn't be happier.

All this is a long way of saying --Just buy it now[​IMG]
  3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm gonna be one of the people to poo-poo kenwood after using the 6070. It is feature packed, sure, but IMO there are higher-quality units out there. I'd start looking at like HK, Marantz, and Denon. The kenwood would be fine, but if it were me (and it was) I'd choose something else instead for the same $$.