What's new

Kenwood VR-6060 (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I've had the 6070 for 3 months and it has exceeded my expectations. I always wanted THX and pre-outs for my external amp(s).

Sound and Vision measured 92 watts X 6 with all 6 channels driven. That is hefty power.

The 6070 may be available for around $425, the 6060 probably about $85 less.

Artie

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 6060 and to my knowledge, they both use the same amps. The power specs are the same.

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Leonard, I thought they were when I picked up the 6060 and the 6070 the 6060 felt heavier. Maybe because they use those metal knobs and other heavier parts. I read on a forum about the thx thing, and I do not think its worth the extra green. I would be happy with dd and dts. So basically we own the model that was sent to be certified. Nice trick sell both models double profit.

DerekM

Agent
So, Brian, what you are saying is that the 6070 has the same specs as the 6060 - only the 6070 is certified? Does the certification mean nothing? If not, there had to be a reason that one is and isn't........I'm asking this because I have been looking at getting the 6070, but wouldn't mind saving the cash if there is no difference, ya know? I'm trying to decide between the Pioneer Elite VSX-41 and the 6070 (or 6060, whichever the case may be). What's that about double profits.....didn't get that part.

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
Good question Derek. After extensive research that is what I have determined. As I have read in other forums, and this one the 6060 lacks the preouts, thx modes, and one optical out. Other than that it is the same unit. So in my opinion thats what I am looking at know for a new receiver. Was going to get the 811, but everyone that has posted recently have said negative things about it.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Check which amps they each have. Kenwood uses two different amps and I am not sure at what level the change takes place. I can tell you that there is a big difference in sound quality between the two even though they have the same wattage.

Andy_SB

Agent
Check which amps they each have. Kenwood uses two different amps and I am not sure at what level the change takes place. I can tell you that there is a big difference in sound quality between the two even though they have the same wattage.
Doug, I actually emailed Kenwood a week or so ago to see if the 6060 and 6070 use the same amps. They haven't replied as of yet. I can say that the power ratings per Kenwood's site are EXACTLY the same, including the THD of each channel. Kenwood also states that both receivers use "K-STAT Discrete Audio Amplifier" instead of the "KAM-1™ High Efficiency Power Amplifier Circuitry" used in their low-end receivers.

I honestly think the THX certification along with the preouts and other additional features of the 6070 could easily account for the $100 difference in MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks