What's new

Kenwood VR-606 (1 Viewer)

ScottyKid

Auditioning
Hey all,

Quick question I was hoping someone could help me out with. I just bought the Kenwood HTB-505 from Best Buy and this HTB comes with a Kenwood VR-606 receiver. I had everything installed professionally yesterday, but I encountered a major problem. The volume would not go past 40, which in reality is not all that loud. Once it reaches this volume, the receiver just shuts itself off. Why is that?

I have a digital coaxial coming from the DVD player and my Playstation 2 and Gamecube connected to the S-Video slots. When I tried all three of these items, the Receiver would just shut off when it reached a part that was louder than normal.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks!!!

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
This doesn't sound good to me, Scott. If you had the system professionally installed, I'd have the installer come back so that you can show them the problem and they can troubleshoot it. I would think that they would have encountered this problem during the install, though?

It could be something as simple as the mains being out of phase with each other, which would be a simple fix, but it could be a bad amp too.

JKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks