What's new

Kenwood vr-6050 crossover and Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

sabryan

Grip
I own the Kenwood vr-6050 receiver, Athena 5.1 series speakers MKII and Parstexpress Subwoofer300-632.
Awesome Subwoofer, it really puts out some tight Bass.

My Question is about how to setup the crossover.

According to kenwood tech support the receiver do not have crossover settings.

Is there other ways to setup the crossover?

I also find it to be a pain, when I change the modes lets say from CSII Cinema to CSII Music or plain Stereo for that matter to have big differences in the way the Subwoofer sounds, it goes from tight to boomy, so I have to get up and set the subwoofer Level and crossover manually everytime I change modes.

I was also told by Partexpress TEch Support to set the Subwoofer crossover all the way up, and let the reciver handle it, but when I move the crossover manually up and down I find it to sound differently, so I think the receiver is not handling the crossover at all.

I am using an LFE connection to the subwoofer and have all the speakers level setup to +5.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Kenwood 6060 and the crossover is set at 80hz. I suspect that it will be the same on the 6050. Just set the crossover on your sub to the highest level and it should be okay.
Hope this helps.

sabryan

Grip
When you say, is set to 80hz I assume that you have a button to push to set it up to the desired crossover, mine does not have one, so I can not tell.

I will follow your recommendation.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks