1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Kenwood VR-595 versus Onkio TX-DS595 (NEED TO MAKE A CHOICE)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Johnston, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

Basicly... I need to finially make a decision... Hopfully that is... Last night I finally went to my local HI-FI shop and asked for the absolutly BEST price on the Speakers I like and the Onkio TX-DS595... And he did... And the price was quite good... :)

Then I asked about the first amp I was going to get which was the Kenwood VR-509, and he stated that he personally would get the Onkio over the Kenwood... UNLESS I was to get the Kenwood VR-510 which is THX...

All in all, the pricing was good... The pricing differnece between my two packages was $50 more for the Kenwood... Which seems quite good when most places are still asking $599.00 for the Kenwood (I think it lists for $699)... and $499.00 for the Onkyo...

Unfortunatly I don't see too many write-ups for the Kenwood VR-510... Anyone use one? Is THX worth it?

The Kenwood actually does have more bells and whistles... and 110w X 5 channels versus 75w X 5 channels on the Onkio... I just keep hearing the Onkio has more driving power...

Help me please....

Thanks!

Bill

2. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

Sorry about the Subject Spelling Issue... It's a Kenwood VR-510

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Both are excellent receivers!

You are going to have to let your ears decide.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A FAIR AND "PROPER" DEMONSTRATION OF BOTH!!

My personal pick would probably be the Kenwood 510.