What's new

Kenwood VR 510 Receiver Questions (1 Viewer)

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
(1) I know that the Remote is an RF one. Does the receiver have an IR sensor? I want to control the unit with my Universal Remote.

(2) Please verify that it has DPL2 & Circle Surround. The Kenwood website isn't very helpful.

(3) Can DPL2 and CS be applied to digital 2 channel sources or only to analog ones?

Thanks.

Rich B.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I have the 509, but for the features you asked, the 509 and 510 are identical.

(3) Can DPL2 and CS be applied to digital 2 channel sources or only to analog ones?
I had no problem with it. PCM will remember to be in DPL2 but DD has to be switched manually each time.

Joshua Marks

Auditioning
The remote that come with the 510 is really good and the back of the receiver also has ir emitter outputs for niles or xantec eyes ( 2 singles or 1 double). The remote will control pretty much anything out there. Like all products it does have some quirks but all are ok from a ease of use standpoint.

I install about 3 of these per month as bedroom receivers as I mainly install Soverign now. The DPLII performance is really good so is the C.S surround. Its a good product.

Joshua

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Thanks for the info guys, I really needed to know this info.

One last question (for now at least):

Does the 510 have on screen display, especially volume setting?

Thanks again.

Rich B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks