What's new

Kenwood VR-510 discontinued? (1 Viewer)

BrentSalwasser

Auditioning
I've been looking into getting a new reciever for a while now and I really like the features on the Kenwood VR-510, but it looks like it's been discontiued. Does anybody know if it's going to be replaced with a comparable model? Maybe I can find one on clearence somewhere.

The features I've been looking for are DD, DTS, IR remote, a few digital inputs, component inputs. DPLII,THX and 6.1 are nice, but not required. My price range is $400 or less.

-b.s.

Joshua Marks

Auditioning
The new Kenwood models will not ship till may and the 510 is gone the new model will have alot more. If memory of what my rep told me is comp video switching, dts-es pre-outs for 7.1 I think.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Actually, some of the new Kenwood receivers are starting to hit the shelves. One such model is their '615' receiver which is part of their HTB-505 combination. The '615' features 6 channels at 100 watts per channel. The only down-side is that it didn't feature a dedicated sub pre-out from what I could tell. I saw this one over at Circuit City. I'm sure their other receivers will be hitting the shelves soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks