What's new

kenwood vr-509 vs pioneer vsxd710s? help me out (1 Viewer)

Aubrey

Grip
I am trying to decide between the kenwood vr-509 and the pioneer vsxd710s.

I was reading a customer review of the kenwood, and he was complaining about problems with the "auto signal detect" (selects DTS/dolby etc)feature on the kenwood. he was saying that it had a hard time re-acquiring the signal 50% of the time, after pausing mid-movie. He said there was no manual override for this feature.

I was also wondering how good pro-logic II is, as the kenwood has it, and the pioneer doesn't.

The reciever I buy will be used 70% movies/TV, 30% multi room music listening, so I want to get one that can cover both bases

Any opinions/owner feedback, or suggestions for alternative products would be appreciated.

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
My manual says the following about auto detect:
In DTS play mode: 1) d-auto (digital input, auto sound). 2) d-manual (digital input, manual sound). Also says the same as above for modes other than dts. The receiver also has SRS Circle Surround. I think DPL2 and Circle Surround are very good features.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
[Throwing Bone]Hi Aubry, I use the Kenwood 407 and also love it, I have no problems with the auto detect whatsover, I have installed many 509's and find them to be very very nice. I highly recommend it![/Throwing Bone]

Aubrey

Grip
Excellent. Thank you. I think I am definitely leaning in the direction of the Kenwood. [catching bone, devouring it in mighty jaws]

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
I have the VR-510 (6 months) and love it, basically the same as 509 but without THX which i find useless.

Previosly i had the VR-209(3.5 yrs). Kenwood has been using the Digital Auto Sound for along time now which for me has worked flawlessly even on the 209(1998model). I think that guy (customer review) had a lemon or a bad digital cable.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks