What's new

Kenwood VR-507 & -509 Are Gone!! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
That's what my local CC told me ... I went in today to audition them (trying to decide between them and the Onkyo -595) and was told that those receivers were "out-of-market". That's their way of saying "discontinued". They didn't even have the demo unit. I suppose that's why the 507 was going for $249.99. Anyway, the salespeople told me that Kenwood is about to bring out a new line-up. Although they said they had no idea what the new receiver(s)look like.
Now, I'm stuck between waiting for the new model and flipping a coin about the Onkyo -595 with it's new-found audio problem:frowning:
Onkyo's website says the drop out problem is only apparent while playing a DVD in DD and not DTS. I suppose I don't have to play any of the new releases in DD - only DTS if available. So many choices ... :frowning:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Well I don't think Kenwood will stay out of the game for too long, with the success they had with the budget 500 series, I would imagine the new 600 series will be killer budgets. I don't think they will make us wait too long.

Wait a week or 2, they might be worth the wait.

I think I'll visit the website and see if there is any news.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
BTW, where do you live? There are a few Kenwood outlet stores that have excellent deals. I got my 407 from the Kenwood outlet store in Santa Fe Springs, Ca. for I think $175 refurbed, and I couldn't be happier!

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
This is normal Kenwood. They usually "discontinue" their current year models in January or February and bring out their new models in April or May. There are usually so many of the current year models out there, that there's no problem getting one. If you want a 500 series Kenwood, check out Crutchfield or 800.com....they usually have plenty.

Kenwood's website has no information on a new line, so I'd get another opinion as to whether they're really discontinued or not.

At any rate, don't look for any new models from Kenwood before April or May.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
You can get either of those online in tons of places. My favorite online deal on a receiver right now is electronicemall.com has the vr-510 for $399 + only $26 shipping! The other two can be had for $225 and $260, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks