Kenwood VR-2090

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by CraigC, Nov 3, 2003.

1. CraigC

CraigC Auditioning

Moved not to long ago and when I hooked up my Kenwood VR 2090 I get no sound, hook up my speakrs up, run the inputs to the receiver and I get no sound, Even when I turn it to a radio station it detects the station but still no sound, if I max the volume all the way up I get static but thats it, I mean power comes on and everything.. it would help if the remote for this thing wasn't from nasa.... but I just can't figure out why I'm not getting any sound now.. and now whatever input I select it always comes back to stero for some reason... does it need serviced I guess?

2. Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert Second Unit

Ok, this is a dumb question, but did you remember to turn on the 'A' speakers, or turn off the 'B' speakers, if they had been turned on? Often when things get moved around those front panel buttons get bumped. If neither are on, you will not get output, or if both are on but speakers only connected to one or the other, you will not get output.

Barring that, it would appear that your receiver has suddenly gone defective, which seems highly unlikely if it was working before the move, especially since it seems to work normally otherwise.

Using the tuner rules out the possibility of an input wiring problem, so that's good.

Aaron Gilbert

3. CraigC

CraigC Auditioning

yea I will mess around with it some more and see if I can get anything to happen here, if not I may try to find a place to repair it... it carried a hefty price tag when I first purchased it and would like to keep it around for a few more years.