Kenwood systems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JamieZ, Mar 23, 2002.

1. JamieZ

JamieZ Stunt Coordinator

How does everybody like the Kenwood HTB-504? My friend is looking into getting a HT and is this the best for around the $500-$600 range?

Thanks

Jamie

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Jamie,

I like the 504 for the money.It is a good start.It just depends on what you are looking for.You can always upgrade in the future.I'm very hooked now since I bought the 504.The sub was my first upgrade,bass bass bass,I like bass, and the center will be next.But for the money it has to be one of the top best buys.The sub it comes with is still much better than most other packages.I bought mine the day after Christmas for $388 and the WM-40 sony sub to go with.Both subs gone now.I think you would like the 504 very much.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I highly recommend the Kenwood HTB504 as well...

Good sound for a great price... very upgradeable (unlike some other higher end HTiB setups)... Great starter system

4. Mark Gurney

Mark Gurney Stunt Coordinator

Jamie,
    The HTB-504 is an excellent choice for a beginning home theater. I believe most of these packages are being sold with the VR509 receiver for the same price (rather than the VR507). My neighbor picked up one of these about a month ago from www.onecall.com for $500.
    Mark

5. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I love my Kenwood HTB-504. I am very impressed with the sound I get for the price (only $500.00!). It is now responsible for giving me the dreadful upgradeitis bug (thanks ALOT, guys!!! [​IMG] ). I'm going to upgrade to the Paradigm speakers that I want within the next three-six months.
    EDIT: I believe the current model is the Kenwood HTB-544. My Circuit City didn't have it in (and the sales guy had no clue that the 544 was released), so I opted for the 504. Still no regrets -- excellent sound for the price!

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Etronics.com has the 544 now at this time for like around $430.

7. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

I have had the Kenwood 544 for 2 weeks right now but havent even taken out of the box yet! But im looking forward to next weekend to watch my first movie.

8. Mark Gurney

Mark Gurney Stunt Coordinator

Wes,

How can you go so long with the key to Home Theater goodness sitting in your living room, UNBOXED! Whenever I get new equipment, it stays in its box for approximately 10.27 seconds after walking through the doot before I start setting it up!!!

Mark

9. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

Well, I am living in a dorm room right now and the system was shipped to my house. So right now sitting in my room is the 544 and a pioneer DV-440. What really stinks is that after i set it up next weekend, I'll have to go another month without it befoere I am home for the summer.

10. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

11. JamieZ

JamieZ Stunt Coordinator

Thanks everyone for all your feedback!!

Jamie

12. Curtis H.

Curtis H. Auditioning

I purchased the HTB-544 going on 2 months ago from Crutchfield's and have been happy with the results for the price.

For newbies like myself or those on a budget, it's one to consider though it's no longer available from Crutchfield's.