Kenwood Sovereign VR-5080

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Derek_P, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Derek_P

Derek_P Stunt Coordinator

i have a question about my Kenwood Sovereign VR-5080 receiver.

i do not understand how to setup the surround back speaker... there are no speaker hookups for them... there is onlya a rca output to the surround back speakers....

do i have to get another part to make this receiver run at 7.1?

[rant]why can i not post links...i want to show a image of the back of my receiver! [​IMG][/rant]

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

The 5080 lacks the amps for 7.1 so you do need a pair of amps to use the 7.1 or multiroom capability.

3. Derek_P

for the amps.... what do i need to buy.... would a old receiver work? or does it have to be something more then that.

4. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

I would think an old receiver would work but a dedicated amp along the line of the outlaw monoblocks would probably sound better. I would think an old receiver would give you a good start until you are ready to step up though.

5. John S

John S Producer

You could use an old reciever, do a search on an AudioSource AMP/1A, decent 2 channel amp that can be picked up for not much more than $100....

If you go the reciever route, try to use the Power Amp input, not a stanbdard analog device input.

6. Derek_P

alright..thanks guys...

i am in the middle of building a home theatre as well......so i was just decieding on if i should install the 7.1 or just 5.1....