What's new

Kenwood Sovereign VR-5080 (1 Viewer)

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
i have a question about my Kenwood Sovereign VR-5080 receiver.

i do not understand how to setup the surround back speaker... there are no speaker hookups for them... there is onlya a rca output to the surround back speakers....

do i have to get another part to make this receiver run at 7.1?

[rant]why can i not post links...i want to show a image of the back of my receiver! :P[/rant]

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
The 5080 lacks the amps for 7.1 so you do need a pair of amps to use the 7.1 or multiroom capability.

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
for the amps.... what do i need to buy.... would a old receiver work? or does it have to be something more then that.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I would think an old receiver would work but a dedicated amp along the line of the outlaw monoblocks would probably sound better. I would think an old receiver would give you a good start until you are ready to step up though.

John S

Senior HTF Member
You could use an old reciever, do a search on an AudioSource AMP/1A, decent 2 channel amp that can be picked up for not much more than $100....

If you go the reciever route, try to use the Power Amp input, not a stanbdard analog device input.

Derek_P

Stunt Coordinator
alright..thanks guys...

i am in the middle of building a home theatre as well......so i was just decieding on if i should install the 7.1 or just 5.1....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks