What's new

Kenwood S5700 (1 Viewer)

MalcolmC

Auditioning
I have a chance to purchase a Kenwood Sovereign Series S5700 DVD changer. My original choice was the new Yamaha C940, which should be around the same price, but will not arrive until some time in September.
Anyone have any experience with the Kenwood? I can only find one review for it. I know it is a good piece of equipment in terms of video and audio (incl. DVD-Audio).
Any thoughts??

Bryan Guth

Agent
This is an excellent player that I should have purchased when Crutchfiled was clearing them out for $499. It's a discontinued model, and not without it's quirks (it's very slow to load up discs and switch them via the carousel) but the picture quality is flat-out amazing and it has adjustments galore. Plus, it's a pretty cool machine to look at--I've yet to see a DVD player like it. I have (and am happy with) the Panny RP-82, but sometimes I wish I had a changer like this Kenwood. If the price is right, buy it!!:)

Bryan Guth

Agent
Also, you can find reviews for this unit at the following sources:

Stereophile Guide to Home Theater, February 2002 (review available online)

&

www.audiorevolution.com (from December, 2001).

Both reviews are very positive.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So what'd you get? Wondering how the Kenwood compares to the Yamaha C940.

Do either of these players have aspect ratio control? IE can you stretch non-anamorphic DVD's vertically to fill the screen?

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
$259 is a steal in my opinion, considering the $950 MSRP. I don't know how eCOST does it, that is far far below normal dealer cost. I know they aren't refurbs - I bought one myself last month at $299. No regrets.

Oh and just for the record, there is no S in the model number, it's just DV5700 (or DV-5700). :)

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks