What's new

Kenwood HTB-505 HTIB $200 (1 Viewer)

David:W

Auditioning
I'm a big newbie to the whole idea of HT. So first off -- hi! I'm finally moving up from (I'll admit it) the speakers that are built into my TV. In other words, I've been in major research mode the past few days.

I ended up settling on the Kenwood HTB-505, which, from some of the comments I've found on this board, seems to be a fairly well-recommended system. So I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. (Sure, most of these comments were from two years ago, but anyway....)

I found a great deal -- $199.95 for a brand new HTB-505 set! Not even a refurbished one, but brand new. From what I gather, Kenwood has recently released the HTB-506, so maybe this is a clearance thing. But if anybody is looking for a $200 system, this sounds like a good bet.

So, here's a great deal I found, for my first post....

see you 'round
-david

(a little later....)

Ok, so the forums don't like people posting links for their first post. Well, it was the thought that counts, eh?

Instructions:
- visit digitalfotoclub.com
- click "Christmas Specials" in the left side menu
- the HTB-505 is about six rows down

Marc Bax

Second Unit
David that sounds like a good deal. I payed $250 for my 505 when it was being cleared out to make room for the 506 at Best Buy probably about 18 months ago. Overall I'm satisfied with the system. I wish it had 2 sets of front speaker outputs though because for music the provided speakers just don't cut it for me. I could upgrade the front 2 speakers but then they wouldn't match up with the rest. For movies it sounds infinitely better and sounds fine on music DVD's. For your surround sound needs it's a great starter system. I just use a seperate older stereo receiver and speakers for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks