Kenwood HTB-504 opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TomJ, Oct 12, 2001.

1. TomJ

TomJ Auditioning

This is my first post, and I'm a total newbie when it comes to home theater, so please bear with me.
    I'm looking to get a small home theater system for a small bedroom. I want to hook it up to a Panasonic 20'' stereo TV and a Panasonic Stereo VCR to watch TV and VHS movies in stereo sound. I also plan on getting either an Xbox or a PS2 over the next few months, to play games and DVDs (though eventually, I'll probably get a stand-alone DVD player. For starters, though, I'll watch DVDs through the game system).
    I've heard alot of great things about the Kenwood HTB-504 system for $499.99. I don't have alot of money to spend, so I wouldn't buy anything priced higher.
    Does anyone have any opinions about this system? Like I said, it's for a small room, so I don't think I need HUGE amounts of power. I want good, rich sound, but I don't need mega-loud sound that will annoy my roomates.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I highly recommend the kenwood HTB504...
    I have the Kenwood VR407, whihc is the reciever that come with the last HTiB from kenwood, and its great... DD/DTS decoding, loads of inputs, adequate power...
    The reciever in the 504 also comes with Dolby Prologic 2 decoding! The speakers that go with the set are pretty good for a beginning set up...
    I highly recommend it...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine