What's new

Kenwood 6070 Problems? (1 Viewer)

Adam Ray

Auditioning
Today I finnaly set down to exercise my kenwood 6070 with some cd's. I have been using it for the past 2 weeks for DVDs only (which it has performed great). Well today during each song I noticed that when only music was playing the volume was nice and loud but when the singer started singing... the music almost toned down some. It seemed like I actually turned the volume down. But when they stoped singing the music went back up. Also it seems like the music is almost tuning out the singing... I dont know.. I hope this makes sense. I knew buying this that the kenwood was as great for music... but I didnt think it would do this. I still have about 2 weeks to return the unit but if there is a Tweak I need to do can someone help.

Thanks.

StevieP

Stunt Coordinator
Adam,

All though I don't own one, there has been a considerable amount of discussion about the 6070, and it's little brother the 6060 in this forum recently!

Try a search.

Reading what comes up may help you make your decision about return.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I had center channel issues with my VR-6060. Excellent receiver otherwise, but on DVDs the center channel volume seemed to lower itself sporadically, and it wasn't just certain discs that did it, but every disc I had. I originally thought it was my speaker, but experimentation proved otherwise. I took it back at the last minute, exchanged it for a Pioneer 812K, and I've been pleased with that, but I still liked the sound of the Kenwood more (when the center channel thing didn't hamper my enjoyment).

Oh well, at least the Pioneer has pre-outs for when I inevitably jump to seperates in a year or two.

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
check to see if midnight mode is on. it compresses the dynamic range of the signal for watching late at night, so you can hear the dialog but not get blasted by the choppers and guns.

ag.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Check your sound modes as well.....

It did this in stero and/or all / 5 / 6 / 7 channel stereo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks