Kenwood 6070 - DTS issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by RolandTGS, Oct 22, 2003.

1. RolandTGS

RolandTGS Auditioning

Hi All;

I have searched the other threads for the problem I am experiencing and have not had any luck.
    I found issues with people stating that thier 6070 shuts off after a certain amount of time and assuming that it was overheating.

I have a different issue. I use my 6070 for watching TV, playing XBOX as well as DVD's. I have no problem for the majority of the time.

The only time I have a problem is when watching a DVD with DTS. (I am using only 5.1, not 6.1). After about 50 minites to an hour, the sound shuts off. The system does not power off, just the sound stops after a small "click" or "pop". I can get the sound back by switching to a different input and then back. This does not happen when not using DTS. In fact I watched for 3 hours with a DD5.1 (LOTR) with no problems at all. After switching out of the input and back, it will usually play the rest of the movie, sometimes it will do it again after 10 minutes or so.

Any ideas??
    Should I just pack it up and get it fixed? I have the BB extended warranty, but it was the floor model that I bought and I am worried that they will tell me that they will not replace it. (The warranty states that they can refund money on floor models). I got a wicked deal on this unit ($400 CDN), but the 7070 is selling for $800 right now.

Thanks for your input.

2. Tom Camlioglu

Tom Camlioglu Stunt Coordinator

I would take it back, and argue the semantics of the "extended" warranty. You'll be better off to talk to the manager, not the salespeople.

../TC [​IMG]

3. Chad A

Chad A Stunt Coordinator

I'd recommend you take it back also.
    My 6070 has had no problem running my 6 ohm speakers at reference level in DTS-ES for the LOTR extended cut dvd.