Kenwood 507 Owners.........

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John DeSantis, Feb 23, 2002.

1. John DeSantis

John DeSantis Stunt Coordinator

Can someone explain just how you would use the Monitor Audio Jacks. The Manual says you can connect a Graphic Equalizer ( that I understand ) Or a 3 head Cassets, or, Video Component. How would that work? You can't select those inputs with the Input control. A VCR is a Video Component. I don't get it......

Also, I have S-Video out to TV. If I hook my Camcorder up to the AUX A/V inputs, I don't get a pic unless I use an S-Video cable. Is that normal?

Thanks

2. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I have the VR-509 which is the same plus Component In/Out and a better remote so I can help you on that.

The monitor in/out will take the sound before amplification send it to the Monitor-Out, then whatever is on the other end (EQ, PC Sound Card or whatever) will then send it back to the Monitor In with the changed sound.

By changed I mean, increasing/decreasing certain frequencies with an EQ or applying some DSPs like SBLive's EAX or using WinAmp's Line-In Device along with the Vocal Remover DSP and Microphone input can be good for Karaoke (I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to)

As for the Video Ins, very few receivers will convert across formats, so all the S-Video Ins will ONLY be sent to the S-Video Out, and all the Composite INs will ONLY be sent to the Composite Out. That's not a problem, it's just the way it works.

3. John DeSantis

Martin, thanks for responding. I think I understand the monitor jacks a bit better now. As I said, I inderstand an Equalizer but it says you could connect a Video component. Still don't understand that. Would the receiver amplify the Audio signals from a VCR and play through the RCVR speakers? What input would you put the RCVR on?

I guess the main problem with the Composite vs the S-Vid is that my TV has both inputs but when the S-Vid is pluged in it overrides the Composite jack. I have to physically remove the cable. Bummer......

Thanks again, John

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

5. John DeSantis

Vin: Looks like one of those converters is what I need. I'm going to get a couple. Thanks.......

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Try www.partsexpress.com for the converters they are a lot cheaper than Radio Shack.
    PART NUMBER: 180-140 RCA plug to S-Video Jack $7.80
    PART NUMBER: 180-141 S-Video plug to RCA Jack $7.80