What's new

Kenwood 507 Owners......... (1 Viewer)

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain just how you would use the Monitor Audio Jacks. The Manual says you can connect a Graphic Equalizer ( that I understand ) Or a 3 head Cassets, or, Video Component. How would that work? You can't select those inputs with the Input control. A VCR is a Video Component. I don't get it......

Also, I have S-Video out to TV. If I hook my Camcorder up to the AUX A/V inputs, I don't get a pic unless I use an S-Video cable. Is that normal?

Thanks

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I have the VR-509 which is the same plus Component In/Out and a better remote so I can help you on that.

The monitor in/out will take the sound before amplification send it to the Monitor-Out, then whatever is on the other end (EQ, PC Sound Card or whatever) will then send it back to the Monitor In with the changed sound.

By changed I mean, increasing/decreasing certain frequencies with an EQ or applying some DSPs like SBLive's EAX or using WinAmp's Line-In Device along with the Vocal Remover DSP and Microphone input can be good for Karaoke (I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to)

As for the Video Ins, very few receivers will convert across formats, so all the S-Video Ins will ONLY be sent to the S-Video Out, and all the Composite INs will ONLY be sent to the Composite Out. That's not a problem, it's just the way it works.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, thanks for responding. I think I understand the monitor jacks a bit better now. As I said, I inderstand an Equalizer but it says you could connect a Video component. Still don't understand that. Would the receiver amplify the Audio signals from a VCR and play through the RCVR speakers? What input would you put the RCVR on?

I guess the main problem with the Composite vs the S-Vid is that my TV has both inputs but when the S-Vid is pluged in it overrides the Composite jack. I have to physically remove the cable. Bummer......

Thanks again, John

Vin

Supporting Actor
I guess the main problem with the Composite vs the S-Vid is that my TV has both inputs but when the S-Vid is pluged in it overrides the Composite jack. I have to physically remove the cable. Bummer......
John, have you considered converting your composite video sources to S-video? I do this with my VCR using one of these converters from Radio Shack and it works great. (BTW, I also have the VR-507). Doing this will allow you to eliminate the composite video cable between your receiver and your TV....all video sources will be viewed via the S-video connection.
If you want to save some money you could get them for much less here.
Hope this helps,
Vin

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Try www.partsexpress.com for the converters they are a lot cheaper than Radio Shack.
PART NUMBER: 180-140 RCA plug to S-Video Jack $7.80
PART NUMBER: 180-141 S-Video plug to RCA Jack $7.80

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks