What's new

kenwood 504 vs SON HTDDW830 (1 Viewer)

I recently bought the sony htb and im happy with it..but now i see everyone saying the only good htb is the kenwood 504?? i could easily exchange the sony for the kenwood..would that be a smart decision, because the sony's reciever has no s-video or component inputs, and lacks upgrading. The kenwood also has pl2..im not sure what to do, and im only 14 so this system is going into my bedroom =). I have been saving for a long time.. Someone please give me your input, because im going to make the decision tonite!! u can compare both systems here
http://www.circuitcity.com/ewebIMa/f...ductsearch.jsp
hehe sorry for the long url. Please give me as much advice as possible thanks!

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
I would get the HTB504. Do you have an xbox, playstation or dreamcast in the room? Do you watch many vhs tapes or cable tv in the room? If you answer yes to either or both questions then get the HTB504.
DPL2 is really good, but so is the SRS Circle Surround.

no but im getting a gamecube and i have a dvd player..so the kenwood would be better? or i was thinking of buying a very good reciever..for like 350 dollars then buying only 2 speakers then upgrading to a center channel then surround then the sub.. it would take about 6 months but i would probably do much better that way...any suggestions?

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy the HTB504, the receiver(VR507) and the sub that is included are very good for the $$$. If you get your money back and go to www.mjshow.com and www.etronics.com and print out the price, Sears should match the print out of one of those stores. You could get the HTB504 for $400-$425 with tax included.
The VR507 receiver sells for $300 alone. When you look at it this way you are getting a subwoofer and 5 speakers for just over $100. If you upgrade the speakers later, you could get the JBL NSP1 speakers shipped for just over $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks