What's new

Kentucky Fried Movie...pixellation (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
i'll have to go home and check my copy (original cover).

Kelly,

the "rot" thing is for real. Apparently some dual-layer discs have "issues" after 6 months to a year. The problem is not player dependent and it has nothing to do with disc care (no scratches or finger prints).

so far my old copy of "Contact" still plays (another title that had many "rot" issues)...

CameronS

Supporting Actor
OMG!
I have Version A, haven't played it in awhile, and just checked it after seeing this thread.
The disc won't even load!
I managed to get to the menu one time but it eventually gave me an error.
Hmm.. I may contact Anchor Bay as well. Will they replace it?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This Anchor Bay/KEntucky Fried Movie issue may be the same as their Heathers problems.
You play it a couple times, then you load it in your DVD player one day, and it doesn't do anything put spin in your DVD player.
Anchor Bay has replaced alot of DVD's for people.
You can e-mail them and see.
Anchor Bay replacement form= http://www.theregangroup.com/pages/a...S&prod_title1=

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I contacted AB a few months ago when my KFM DVD suddenly died. They told me that they knew of no problems with the disc and asked me to mail it to them so they could check it out. Before I got around to doing so, they e-mailed me telling me that they had confirmed a problem with the disc. They asked for my mailing address and they promptly mailed me a new disc, which works perfectly.
DJ

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
My Kentucky Fried Movie DVD (version A) plays fine. So does my Contact DVD. I got both on their respective release dates.

Maybe somebody should bring this to the attention of Samuel L. Bronkowitz.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Well, based upon my experience, I'd encourage all of you with the "Version A" of KFM to check your discs.
After seeing this thread, I did. And guess what? Widescreen version, @20 minutes in... PIXELLATION. Just sent my eMail to Anchor Bay.
Too bad. 'Cuz otherwise, it's a stellar disc.

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
I second what Todd said. I just got around to checking mine because of this thread. I have version A, and it won't even load. I get a code C13:00 on my Sony DVD player, which corresponds to "clean the disc" in the manual. This is the first time I've seen it happen, and the disc is most certainly NOT dirty. :angry:

M

MaxY

Well I just went and Checked out my copy on a sony 650 5 Disc changer.
Now all I did to check it was fast forward through both the widescreen and full screen versions of the movie and I did not notice any problems at all. I did not really have time to watch the whole movie but I figured if people were saying it would not even load then mine must be OK.
Oh BTW I have Version A and got it on Release day, actually a few days before release day. :)
Max

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I have version A, picked up the first week of release, and as of a few minutes ago I still have no problems with it. I skipped forward through every scene of the movie and nothing of seemed to go wrong.

I wonder if this means my copy is "safe" for the future. I'd almost rather have a bad disc that I could exchange for a "fixed" version, as now there's always the chance that my disc will fail at some point down the road. What if by the time my disc goes bad, Anchor Bay is no longer doing exchanges?

Edit: I'm running a Sony DVD-S550D, for what it's worth...

Kelly W

Second Unit
I have version A, and, still, it plays fine. I got it right around the release date (pre-order) and have watched it five or six times since then.

Maybe there was a bad batch, but so far, at least a few copies are still going strong.

EDIT: If anyone is taking notes, my player is the trusty old Pioneer DV-414.

-Kelly

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Just tested my version A on my Pioneer DVL-919 this morning and no problems to report. It plays as good as the day I bought it (original release day):emoji_thumbsup:

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Well, my copy of KFM with the original cover has kicked the bucket. The disc is no loger readable by three different DVD players. I guess it is time to contact Anchor Bay, and try to obtain a replacement.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
By the way this disc has been pressed by Crest National....the same company who has put out faulty cracking DSOTM SACD Hybrids.
:thumbsdown: Crest
J

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
My (with the original cover) still plays fine. I just watched it again two weeks ago.

On a side note, does anyone know what was removed in the "Zinc Oxide" segment right before the kid keels over? It seems like there should have been a voice-over.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
James_A said:
Just got a response to my e-mail, and a phone number for me to contact. After I do that tomorrow, I'll let ya'll know what the deal is. They did indicate that they would replace my copy, so that's great news!
Jim
james whatever happened for you?
so i just got around to trying to watch my disc.
wont even load.
i just sent a note to AB to see if they still will exchange.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just got an email from AB.
Hello,
Your replacement was mailed out to you today.
Thank you,
Connie Patrick
Starz! Home Entertainment
Anchor Bay Entertainment

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
got it today.
thanks anchor bay
brand new dvd still sealed.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Tony,

Did you have to send them your old case?

I like the old artwork better, so if my DVD has gone bad (last I checked it was still good, but haven't checked in a year or so) I don't know if I would just pick up a new one to keep the old case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.