What's new

Kennedy Center Honors (1 Viewer)

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the most recent show on Tuesday night and it was wonderful. I think that these are by far the classiest and mst emotional award or tribute shows. I heard somewhere that the producer of thsese specials, George Stevens Jr., is planning to release DVDs of these incredible shows, if he ever can get the rights to clips and music!

I think it would be incredible to own these fabulously produced tributes to so many wonderful actors, singers dancers, musicians, directors and entertainers. They provide a sense of history and fun. To be able to see pricelss surprise reactions from the likes of Lucille Ball, Frank Sinatra, Fred Astiare, Carol Burnett, Tina Turner, Jack Lemmon, Bill Cosby, Bette Davis and countless others would be a real treat!

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
They're a lot of fun to attend, as well. As a Kennedy Center employee, I get the chance each year to be a seat filler. Worst case, you watch the show standing in the back of the hall.

I haven't heard anything about possible releases-- the rights issues would certainly be a nightmare.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I enjoy these programs. I watched this year's mostly because of Tony Bennett and Tina Turner.

I was disappointed that the singers appeared to be lip-syncing.

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard George Stevens Jr. is trying to get a DVD set going, yet it will take a lot of money and work he says!

What are some of your favorite Honors moments! I loved the entire Carol Burnett honor and the Shirley Temple honor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks