Ken Hitchcock Fired From Dallas Stars...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheldon, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

What do you think about this?Today's NHL is very offense oriented and I guess that many of his stars were complaining about the lack of offense.Well at least Belfour will be happy now!

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

The Canucks thump them the other night and now Hitchcock's gone. Those darn Canucks! [​IMG]

3. ikiru

ikiru Stunt Coordinator

As a native Stars fan, I am sad to see him go, but more and more I hear/read, the more I think that Hitch's system was wearing down on his players and the team morale was very low.
    Dallas has officially started its rebuilding season. [​IMG]
    -ikiru

4. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I'm truly upset about this [​IMG]

5. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Uh huh Michael, I bet you are... you, you... you Edmonton person!! [​IMG]
    Personally, I've been sick to my stomach all day, and watching the Stars lose to Annaheim 6-1 tonight didn't help at all. About the only thing I have been pleased with this past 14 or so hours is seeing Ludwig behind the bench for the game. Well, the vociferous ones got their wish, now it's time for them to put up or shut up. If tonight was their idea of putting up, I'd hate to see them on an off day. [​IMG]

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Stunt Coordinator

My impression is that this has everything to do with politics among the players and nothing to do with performance. The players were not willing to make the sacrifice it takes to make Hitch's system work (and it does work, reference the Stanley Cup ring on some of our players, and five division titles). Hitch seems like somewhat of a taskmaster and the players were just tired of the way he handles them and unmotivated as a result.

I don't buy all this stuff about the league being all about offense now. Just two Cups ago when the Stars won, it was all about defense. When did this miraculous change happen? Compare it to the NFL--a couple years ago the game was all about defense with the Ravens, but now it seems offense is the star of the show. Did the game change? No, it's just that the particular teams excel at one thing or another at a certain time. There's a lot of ways to win.

Hitch has done nothing but win here in Dallas. He'll have another job in the NHL by the end of this season.