What's new

Ken Burns sets 50% off at pbs.org (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
I have been waiting to see if it was real! My Civil war has shipped so it is real.

My friend owns a GM truck. GM sends him a magazine every once in awhile. This latest magazine that arrived on Tuesday had an add in it that says 50% off Ken Burns sets - VHS and DVD at PBS. He calls me and tells me about it, so I call PBS.

I tell them I have this GM magazine (not in front of me though) with a PBS advertisement in it. It says %50 off Ken Burns sets. They place the order for me:
Ken Burns Civil War for $64.99 + $11 shipping.

That shipping is outrageous and looks like it goes up with price according to the site. Still $76 for KB Civil War is a good price.

DVD Codes on advertisement:
Baseball set - kenb005
Civial War - kenb007
Jaz Set - kenb003

I think you need to call them to get this price but who knows.

Good luck.
1-800-647-9269 is their number BTW.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Went to see if there was any indication of the sale at pbs.org and found none.

They ARE running free priority USPS shipping on media orders of over $50. BUt, their prices were OUTRAGEOUS!!! :eek:

Civil War $130
Baseball $180
Jazz $200
Mark Twain $30
Frank LLoyd Wright $30
Thomas Jefferson $30
Elizabeth Cady Stanton $30
Lewis & Clark $30

Rodon

Second Unit
I asked today - The phone reps do know about this special. It was only put in teh GM magazine. If I can, I will post a picture of the advertisement on my site and link it here so everyone can see it.

Call them for the deal if you are interested in these sets.

Rodon

Second Unit
Those prices are the MSRP of the Ken Burn's sets. Best Buy is not too far from them on their pricing of the Ken Burn's sets. PBS shipping is crazy as well. $11 for a 5disc set??? I better get this set lightning fast :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Question to anyone who has the Ken Burns' "Baseball" DVD set .....

Are the discs in snapper cases or Keepcases? The PBS site shows snappers; while Amazon shows Amaray style (with a "blue" top panel, rather than gold). Seems curious there'd be two different package types. :confused: .....

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased my Baseball set at Costco when it was first releases. The discs are kept in Amaray style cases. Not sure if they have changed since then.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I picked up Jazz using this sale several weeks ago, 50% off for $100. I then picked up the 5 disc CD set at Best Buy for $30 and the hardcover book for $10 from Half.com. The latest PBS catalog I received is selling all three at a package discount for only $280!

Rodon

Second Unit
Well, Ken Burns did not drop by himself but this set shipped yesterday from Louisville KY and arrived in Bloomington IL today. It said it had the additional extra 75minutes added so this was the newest edition of this set (meaning if their are two versions chances are you will get the newest one).

I am very happy with it.

Now if my DDD order will ever arrive. It Shipped out last Wednesday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My Baseball set is in Amaray keepcases. It is probably the crown jewel of my collection. Perfect for the hot stove season.

Rodon

Second Unit
Civil War is in a 6 clear case with pictures behind the cd covers. Very very nice. Rather small for $130 though but I guess i need to watch the content before saying that. I just keep thinking about Band of Brother. Either way the set is a steal at $75.

Let us know on the West. I may order it as well.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Rodon, there's a new release of Civil War? Hmmm maybe paying $30 for it at Blockbuster I got ripped off?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I have the Baseball set it is definitely one of my favorites, and it does come in keep-cases. I really want the Civil War set...

Rodon

Second Unit
I say the ad today.

It expires Febuary 28th, 2004.

It is just for Baseball, Jazz, and the Civil War sets only. It is in DVD or VHS formats.

The ad is real small and on the left corner of one page. Just text - no pictures or anything.

It is called "The GM Magazine". The deal is for the GM magazine readers only - yeah right.

Maybe I will save up for Jazz.

Rodon

Second Unit
Just to let everyone know - I called up and ordered The West with this deal as well. Actually ordered two - one for me and a friend. Shipping was $11 total. $140.98 for the pair of The West DVD box sets. Pretty good pricing.

Rodon

Second Unit
The West has arrived. Most people probably find these boring but I sure do like documentarys. Very good pricing. $70.50 each shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks