Ken Burns, Civil War documentary

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Wilkins, Jan 14, 2002.

1. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Anybody heard solid news on the Ken Burns documentary of the Civil War? Frankly, I thought it would have beat several other already released Burns documentaries.

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I thought it was supposed to surface last spring or summer; I sold my LD box set in that belief, which I now regret. You would think that this would have come ahead of Baseball and whatever else, but I guess not.

3. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Hey, guys and gals...

I've answered my own question--sort of. The folks at PBS, claim a tentative release date of September 2002. According to their response, technical issues and the desire to release a first rate product have been the cause for delayed release.

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    What's really strange is that they are already selling Ken Burn's "Mark Twain". I picked up a copy last week and was amazed that it premiers on PBS today. Strange to have the DVD before the broadcast. Absolutely fabulous 4x3 DVD video by the way.

5. Eric Thrall

Eric Thrall Stunt Coordinator

I hope that's accurate and they're coming out - I hate to wait until September, but so be it, as long as they're on the way!