Kelly Preston has died at 57!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
John Travolta announced her passing from breast cancer. A beautiful woman! May she R.I.P.

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Condolences to the family and friends. R.I.P.

(Without getting too analytical for a RIP thread, I hope; it is always somewhat surprising when I hear of these types of deaths. There is an assumption on my part that folks who run in these types of circles will have access to a quality of healthcare that will permit them to beat the odds; more so than us common folk. Obviously not always the case and certainly dependent upon the severity of the malady.)

- Walter.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
This one hurts. She was a goddess of film sexuality. Twins and Mischief were a big part of my formative years. RIP.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read her obit this morning and was truly shocked. They really did keep this "under wraps" while she battled the disease. I always enjoyed her work and will miss seeing her name turn up in new credits on television and film. R.I.P.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This one hurts. She was a goddess of film sexuality. Twins and Mischief were a big part of my formative years. RIP.
She was also in a 80’s raunchy type teen comedy Secret Admirer, playing a shallow, manipulative girl. Condolences to John, family and friends of Kelly’s.

AndyMcKinney

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was her roles in Mischief and Secret Admirer that burned her into my memory (though I imagine those were probably movies she'd rather have forgotten). Oh, and her appearance in the "Titan Man" segment of Amazon Women on the Moon.

Truly shocking news. As was said up-thread, they must've really been good at keeping a lid on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey D

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Sad to hear this. She was obviously beautiful, but also an underrated actress, who wasn't given enough opportunities to show what she could do.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
So sad. I was absolutely shocked when I heard the news this morning. I liked her a lot in "Addicted To Love". In 1977 John Travolta lost his girlfriend Diana Hyland to breast cancer, as well. He must be totally devastated.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
Sad to hear this. She was obviously beautiful, but also an underrated actress, who wasn't given enough opportunities to show what she could do.
I think she had a talent for sexual roles and it wasn't just down to her being pretty. She brought something unique to those roles to make them stand out. Other actresses do those roles and are quickly forgotten. Kelly wasn't.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moviesthesia