Kellogg's Canada puts DVDs on Cereal Boxes - again

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Brian Thibodeau, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

A lady at the office reminded me of this last night. She picked up a couple boxes of cereal with DVDs attached to the box.

The movies in this round are THE MASK, MONKEY TROUBLE, ALICE IN WONDERLAND (live action) and one other one that I can't remember. Doubt they're widescreen, and none of them are exactly classics, but if you're buying Rice Krispies anyway...

Kellogg's did this a couple of years ago and, believe it or not, one of the movies was Richard William's THE THIEF AND THE COBBLER, which while not likely the presentation this film so richly deserves, at least gave it a DVD release.

Not sure if they do this in the states. I've never seen on U.S. cereal boxes (I did check out of curiosity once or twice), but either way, they're cheap ways to keep the kiddies entertained, if you have any.

2. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

Did a quick check of the Kellogg's website. The fourth disc is Spy Kids. Insane.

Mini-Wheats, here I come.

3. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Second Unit

General Mills put DVDs on their cereal boxes in the US for a while last year. I grabbed a full-frame "Muppets Take Manhattan" disk during that promotion. Open-matte doesn't work well when the puppeteers have to out of the shot (leading to an insane about of headroom in some outdoor sequences), but I couldn't argue with the price.

4. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Head's up though. No digital surround sound. Gotta use PLII.
    Can't complain for free though.
    Got The Mask, Spy Kids and Monkey Trouble.
    I really liked Spy Kids and Monkey Trouble was a real gem.