Keira Knightly, Bounty Hunter: "Domino" trailer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Timothy Alexander, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

Hmmm...
    Keira Knightly hunting criminals with bigass guns.
    Mickey Rourke as her partner.
    Lucy Liu as her boss.
    Christopher Walken as an overacting TV exec.
    Tony Scott with his fast, epilepsy inducing editing and directing.

Yup, I'm so there.

Watch the trailer: http://chud.com/news/2087

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Hmm...the opening image of Knightly blasting twin automatic rifles was not especially convincing and ruined the rest of it for me.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Yeah, I can't say that I liked the trailer either. I just didn't get a good vibe from it.

Jason

4. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

I was looking forward to the film, but the opening montage previously mentioned and the "My name is Domino Harvey" track being played over and over and over and over again makes the movie seem horrible.

5. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

I think it looks pretty cool but, man, does Tony Scott seem to be in a rut stylistically.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    This isn't even remotely my sort of movie, so take my comments with a grain of salt. To me, it couldn't look worse if they tried. I despise that flourescent lighting style, where everybody looks a sickly, pasty green. I get that whole "heroin chic" feel from it, which is a thing I would have thought had gone out of style by now. And, I had the same negative reaction to the opening akimbo thing as Guo did.

7. Kyle_D

Kyle_D Second Unit

The trailer didn't do much for me, except for the "blacktino" line.

After Man on Fire (a movie I actually enjoyed) I didn't think Tony Scott could go any further over the top with the filters and editing, but it looks like he's done it here.

I still hold out hope, though, since the screenplay was by Richard "Donnie Darko" Kelly, and everything I've read about it sounds really fun and original.

Last time Scott worked with a promising up and coming writer we got True Romance, so I'll give it a shot.

8. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

The movie just looks like stupid fun to me. Might be an entertaining couple of hours.

9. clayton b

clayton b Stunt Coordinator

The opening with Knightly blasting away with the duel machine guns lost me as well, but the 'have you had a nose job?' line got me back. It might be ok, but it looks to be stacked with cliché after tired cliché.

10. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Before the trailer started I was kind of hoping it would be a nice proxy for the possible Natalie Portman "Matilda" movie, since the Knightly and Portman look very similar sometimes.

11. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I dont know. His style of camera tricks and editing is tedious.

12. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'll buy the dvd.

13. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

I think the trailer itself is terrible, but I think the film will be very good, for that very reason- it doesn't appear to be a marketable film. It's written by Richard "Donnie Darko" Kelly, so it probably can't be pigeonholed into a genre, which is why the trailer is all over the place. The fact that Kelly's writing, and that this is based on an actual event will hopefully make this at least as good as Man on Fire (which, for some odd reason, I can't get out of my head). And I have to admit, I really, really like Tony Scott's headache-inducing, super-saturated "post-Michael Bay" visuals.

Nathan V

14. Elijah Sullivan

Elijah Sullivan Supporting Actor

The trailer didn't do anything for me, either, but like Nathan said, I'm still thinking that the movie will be fascinating. The story itself is more absurd than the average action movie plot and Richard Kelly is gonna deliver something unexpected, surely.

From what I've been hearing, Domino will combine the best of Kelly's writing and plotting style with Scott's action-director experience. It's a promising combination of elements. I really hope it pulls off.

We'll see when it comes out...

Guo Xiong, in my opinion, Knightly is not remotely close to interchangeable with Natalie Portman. I would trade every Knightly movie past, present and future and throw in my left nut to see Luc Besson's Mathilde. I wouldn't even hesitate. [​IMG]

15. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee

As would I. Actually, I was going to say "Domino" looks like a (very) poor man's "Mathilda." [​IMG]

16. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

When is this supposed to be released?

17. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

Pass.

Cast looks good, but I don't trust Tony Scott to do watchable movies. Way more of his were misses than hits in my book. Trailer isn't all that good either.

18. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

my name us Dominoe Harvey and I am a Bounty Hunter, my name is Dominoe Harvey and I am a bounty hunter, I am Elmer J. Fudd Millionaire, i own a mansion and a yacht.

19. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

20. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Screenwriter

The new longer trailer kinda makes me feel like I've already seen the movie. It just seems to give too much away. I can't see this film making any money at all. Really!