What's new

Keira Knightley is on FIRE! ;-) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just read this morning that the adorable Ms. Knightley has officially signed on for Jurassic Park 4, which reminded me that she's now a bona-fide star. Her one-two punch of Bend It Like Beckham and Pirates of the Caribbean have made the suits take notice.

...and it seems like only a few months ago that I wondered who that "cute girl from the Robin Hood's Daughter flick" was. :) I guess Lucas will take credit for discovering her, although he left nearly all of Keira on his cutting room floor. :)

Fans can see Keira AGAIN this year when Richard Curtis' buzz-happy ensemble Love Actually comes out. (I've seen a brief promo clip and it DOES look quite funny!) Then next year Keira plays Lady Guinevere in Antoine Fuqua's / Jerry Bruckheimer's King Arthur! And then a Dreamworks flick with Jude Law called Tulip Fever...and then JP4.

So if you wanna see more of her, you'll get plenty of chances! Congrats to Keira. She's as adorable as hell - and she seems a pretty damn good actor as well.

What's Portman got in the works these days? ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Of course I know that.

I was just poking a little fun at the Portman/Knightley comparisons.

It'll be very cool to see Natalie do work other than the SW flicks, although I'm one who dug Eps. 1 and 2.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Patrick's comment about Ep. 3 was in response to my "What's Portman doing these days?" question.

And I could have sworn that Knightley played Padme's sister in the Ep. 2 deleted scenes. Then again, I get confused easily.

FredK

Second Unit
And I could have sworn that Knightley played Padme's sister in the Ep. 2 deleted scenes. Then again, I get confused easily.
That's Claudia Karvan. The confusion's understandable, George does 1 thing very well when it comes to casting...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ah-ha! Toldja I get confused, especially where three hot brunettes are concerned. I remember Karvan from a pretty slick Aussie flick called Risk. Other than that I don't know much about her.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Keira Knightley is on FIRE!
I'll put her out!!! :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was quite amazed at the amount of projects she has gotten involved with since "Bend It Like Beckham". She certainly has made a big splash, with the one-two punch of BILB and PotC.

It might also help that she doesn't have the "no nudity" clause that Portman has. (Not to mention that it seems Portman is far too picky about the roles she does...)

Jason

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Wow...the whole time I was watching PIRATES, I was amazed at the similarity between Portman and Knightley....little do I know that she was in TPM!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Portman has finished up "Cold Mountain", and according to IMDB, she's filming "SW: Episode III" and "Large's Ark". She's got 2 other upcoming film projects: "Closer" and "The Smoker".

Doug R

Supporting Actor
If you wanna see a good Keira flick, get your hands on The Hole DVD.. region 1 but not sold in the US.

Plus it has her assets.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Universal has the liscense to 6 JPs..They are going to vaginally tear this franchise and I LOVE the franchise...

The casting and characters were so good in 1 and II (most likely because Michael C. wrote the books) but I feel that III was just terrible. The characters were just so different...Is Johnston directing this?

This is just my opinion so please, I am not trying to start an argument.

-Bert

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
We can start a legit discussion, I was just taking the first step to trigger such a response. ;)

I thought JPIII was just shallow in storyline, too short, and ending absolutely did not deliver. "Don't get me started" on Tea Leoni, bring in Kelly Rowland for God's sake. Sam Neill, I used to love that his character was so into his work, they killed that off..Let's see..Laura Dern..married..hmm..the kid from The Patriot :angry: .

I am going to explode.

Your turn.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Is there a plot outline for JP4 available? What more can they do with the franchise? Surely it is not Jurassic Park IV: Dinosaurs in Outer Space ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks